Omega XL Overview
Omega XL is a dietary supplement that is designed to help people with painful joints. The products is advertised as a natural supplement that uses handpicked ingredients. According to the producers, the process of picking the ingredients is deliberate and exhaustive to ensure that only the best ingredients are used. They claim that this product is made in neat pharmaceutical standards, a claim that we cannot confirm. Omega XL can be bought from the official website without a prescription. The product is sold in a sixty softgel bottle that will last you around a month.
What is Omega XL and Company Behind Omega XL?
Omega XL is a natural supplement made with Omega 3 fatty acids as the backbone of its working formula. Omega XLhas been touted as the best solution to arthritis and joint pain. Conspicuously noticeable is the infomercials the producers run featuring Larry King and other celebrities. The product relies on the powerful benefits of fatty acids EPA and DHA. The product is made by a company named Great Healthworks. The company is registered in California. The location given in the website is that of an industry park and thus we cannot rule it out. Despite the company being given an “A” by BBB, they has been 142 complaints (resolved) about the company since 2010.
Omega XL Ingredients
- Green – lipped mussel extract (PSCO-524) – the producer claims that the lipped mussel used in this product is harvested in New Zealand. This patent is a rich source of 30 essential fatty acids including EPA and DHA.
- Olive Oil – believed to have anti-oxidation properties. It has been used in herbal medicine for various ailments.
- Other ingredients; Vitamin E
How Omega XL Works?
Omega XL contains a compound named “PCSO-524” which is allegedly extract from the green-lipped mussel from New Zealand. PCSO-524 is basically composed of many fatty acids that are believed to work together to relieve pain and fight inflammation found in lipoxygenase (LOX) and cyclooxygenase (COX) pathways. In the complex process, the fatty acids compete with arachadonic acid (notorious for inflammation) for entry to the pathways. By so doing, it displaces the inflammation causing agents. By effectively tackling inflammation, pain is reduced.
Omega XL Pros
- Omega XL comes with a 90-day money-back guarantee from the official website.
- When you buy it for the first time, you get a discount for buying two bottles at the same time
- Omega XL is made using all natural ingredients that are handpicked and subjected to quality tests (according to the producers)
- It doesn’t not interact with any other medication (to the best of our knowledge)
Omega XL Cons
- The ingredients are not explicitly indicated on the official website or on the product label.
- The producers run paid infomercials that may be misleading.
- The product is based on a research that has not been published on the official website.
Omega XL Dosage
The recommended dosage is two soft gels a day. You can either take them in one serving or in two servings; morning and evening. Take with a lot of water and if possible take during meals. In case you got this through your caregiver, then disregard this dosage and take as directed.
Omega XL Possible Side Effects
As to the best of our knowledge, there are no known side effects of using Omega XL. On this note, we can say that it is safe to use for healthy people. It doesn’t interact with blood thinner medications despite containing EPA and DHA which are known to interact with blood thinners. All the same it is safe to take with caution and seek advice from your caregiver in case you are having undesirable effects. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, it is highly recommended you seek advice first.
Is Omega XL A Scam?
Omega XL is not a scam. This is a legitimate product that has taken years to research, despite the research data not being published on the official website. The company behind this product has been rate “A” by BBB and we can therefore safely assume it is safe to use.
Omega 3 fatty acids are nothing new in joint care. They are widely used to calm inflammation and fight joint pain. Generally, the fatty acids are safe and fairly effective. All the same, there is need to fortify such a product with minerals that support bones and muscles.