What is Tiger Balm?
Tiger Balm is a natural pain reliever that has been used topically for a long time now. The product is made from various herbal ingredients which are mainly found in Asia.
In fact, this product was only available in Asia for the better chunk of its life history. It was only available to the rest of the world through international trade.
The producers claim that the herbal ingredients used in the product are a well-kept secret that dates back to the 18th century.
All the same, the producers claim that they have used modern technology to enhance the working formula of the product. Tiger Balm is primarily used for;
- Joint pain associated with arthritis
- Relieving muscle stiffness
- Acute headaches
- Discomfort from mosquito bites
- Sinus Congestion
What is the Company Behind Tiger Balm?
Tiger Balm is touted as the world’s leading topical analgesic that is directly applied to the point where the pain is being felt. According to the producers, it is a brand that has been trusted for over 100 years.
They claim that its unique formulation is made using herbal ingredients that have been time-tested and proven safe and efficient.
Despite being an ancient remedy for pain, it is touted to have the power to address the modern-day hectic life. It is marketed as a topical cream that is good for both young and old.
The product has evolved to cater to different needs with plasters, oils, creams, gels, and sprays.
The company behind this product is Haw Par healthcare that is located in Singapore. However, there is some confusion regarding the actual owners of the brand, since they are several other products with the same name.
What are the Ingredients Used in Tiger Balm?
The producers insist that the ingredients used to make this product are a secret, but we have established them to be;
- Camphor – Camphor is known for its warm and soothing sensation that is known to take away pain when topically applied. It is also a power anti-inflammation ingredient.
- Cajuput oil – Cajuput has been used in ancient medicine to relieve discomfort that is associated with sore muscles, stiffness and bruises. It is also believed to have anti-septic properties.
- Clove oil – Clove oil is a natural disinfectant that has the ability to warm the skin and reduce swelling.
- Menthol – Menthol is a local anesthesia that is common in topical creams used to relieve pain
How Tiger Balm Works?
Tiger Balm is a product designed to offer instant relief to pain. It is applied topically on the affected region. Tiger Balm has ingredients that are readily absorbed into the body. Primarily, Tiger Balm works by intercepting pain signals before they reach the brain giving you instant relief.
Tiger Balm attempts to address the root cause of the pain by reducing inflammation and swelling. It is well equipped to handle both inflammation and swelling. It is ideal for sportsmen and women and people who suffer from acute pain in the joints.
What are the Pros of Tiger Balm?
- It has been used for years.
- It is made using all natural ingredients
- It is safe to use for both kids and adults
- It offers instant relief to pain
- There are so many counterfeits in the market today
- It doesn’t offer nutrients to the body
What are the Cons of Tiger Balm?
Tiger Balm Dosage
Tiger Balm can be used as much as you find it necessary. All the same, it is not recommended to use it for more than six times a day. You will need to wash the affected area with warm water before applying. Massage the affected area with Tiger Balm for at least a minute and allow it to dissolve for about 15 minutes before wiping off if needed.
Tiger Balm Review – The Conclusion
It is an effective pain reliever that is trusted to provide instant relief. It has been used successfully for years. All the same, this product doesn’t promote proper joint health since it is designed to intercept pain signals instead of repairing the damaged joint causing the pain. For this reason, it cannot be used by someone who wants a holistic approach to joint care.