What Is Traumeel Ointment?
Traumeel Ointment is a natural topical formulation designed to relieve musculoskeletal conditions specifically pain and inflammation anywhere in the body. It can be used in the neck, back, knee, foot, wrists and other parts of the body with joint or muscle pain. It complements the natural healing process of the body for the temporary relief of minor joint and muscle pain. It doesn’t go through the digestive system unlike non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) to prevent the usual side effects. The odorless formula can even be used more than 10 days.
Traumee Ointment is from a company called Heel which offers different formulations that are designed to achieve the best healing power possible. They use formulations that utilize natural substances which are mostly homeopathic. The company is said to use a therapy system that supports the multi-target regulation of disease processes. Instead of suppressing symptoms, the products are for putting the body back into its natural biological balance.
- Achillea millefolium – This is used for treating minor bleeding.
- Aconitum napellus – It is known for reducing pain after an injury.
- Arnica Montana – This reduces swelling and bruising while stimulating the healing process.
- Atropa belladonna – It reduces pain and swelling.
- Bellis perennis – It treats bruising while reducing swelling and soreness.
- Calendula officinalis – It is for stimulating the healing process.
- Ca-Sulfite – This ingredient reduces swelling and sensitivity of the injured area.
- Chamomilla – It provides soothing pain relief.
- Echinacea angustifolia – This ingredient provides support to the immune system.
- Echinacea purpurea – It also provides immune system support.
- Hamamelis virginiana – It is for relieving pain and swelling.
- Hypericum perforatum – It is a natural pain reliever.
- Mercurio-amidonitrate – This is a natural anti-inflammatory agent.
- Symphytum officinale – This is commonly used as a natural treatment for joint pain.
How Does It Work?
Traumeel Ointment works using a multi-target approach to treating muscle and joint pain and inflammation. It treats inflammation by restoring the balance of pro-inflammatory and anti-inflammatory cytokines preventing excessive inflammation which reduces pain. It also has complementary actions using natural ingredients that have a synergistic benefit for reducing joint and muscle pain. The formula actually uses natural ingredients that control inflammation in a variety of ways for optimal relief.
- It is made with natural ingredients only.
- Some of the ingredients are backed by scientific and clinical data.
- There are some positive feedbacks saying the formula really works.
- There is no substantial evidence that Traumeel Ointment is effective for all types of joint and muscle pain.
- It is not offered with a money back guarantee.
- Most feedbacks from users say it is only effective for minor joint and muscle pain.
- Some people experienced skin irritation due to hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients so the formula is not for everyone.
- There are many negative feedbacks saying it doesn’t work especially for severe pain.
Directions for Use
Apply a generous amount of the ointment on the affected area/s then massage gently until it is absorbed by the skin. It can be re-applied a few times daily as needed.
Avoid contact with your eyes. In case of skin irritation, wash with water and discontinue use. Do not apply on broken skin like wounds.
Icy hot here I come. Hubby tried it too and it did nothing for him either. I’m extra sensitive to everything, so I never take anything unless I’m in serious pain and then it’s usually just ibuprofen. Used this on my back after I lifted something incorrectly..oops. Drenched my back and it did nothing. Big waste of money in my opinion. – Heidi W. (Amazon Review)
Traumeel has been so helpful for me in stopping tendonitis in my arm—used 2-3 times daily seems to be healing it and added strength to that arm. I just used it on my knee one day when I strained it–within 20 minutes I could go up stairs without pain! My mother-in-law uses it to relieve pain in her arthritic knees. She swears by it. The cream is so velvety, no strong odor, no heat, disappears into the skin and goes to work. I recommend it to everyone. Amazon has the best price I’ve found–Whole Foods has it but $20 for the smaller size. – L. Rouse (Amazon Review)
Overall, Traumeel Ointment is a good pain relief topical formulation but it is mostly effective for minor joint pain and muscle aches. It is not very effective for severe joint and muscle pain according to feedbacks from people who have tried it. The formulation is a little on the weak side especially because the ingredients are not thoroughly proven to be effective. It is still a product worth trying especially if you’re only suffering from minor pain but there are better options on the market for moderate to severe pain of the joints and muscles.
Top Joint Pain Relief Products
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. If you are pregnant, nursing, have a serious medical condition, or have a history of heart conditions we suggest consulting with a physician before using any supplement. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease and should not be relied upon as medical advice. Always consult your doctor before using any supplements.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."