Topical analgesic is the primary product we use whenever we want fast and effective pain relief, LivingWell Nutraceuticals has a product called Rub On Relief that claims to offer these benefits.
What Is LivingWell Nutraceuticals Rub On Relief?
LivingWell Nutraceuticals Rub On Relief is a topical analgesic that can be used to reduce joint and muscle pains. It contains the basic ingredients mostly seen on other topical products and some other additional components to further enhance its benefits. It can be used for the following:
- Sciatic pain
- Knee pain
- Shoulder pain
- Muscle spasms and discomfort
- Back ache
- Tennis elbow
- Joint pain, discomfort and swelling
Manufacturer of Rub On Relief
The manufacturer of this topical analgesic is LivingWell Nutraceuticals.
List of Ingredients of LivingWell Nutraceuticals Rub On Relief
The primary ingredients of this product are the following:
- Menthol – It acts as a counterirritant that stimulates the thermoreceptors in the skin to divert the attention away from the pain. When applied topically, menthol ligands attaches to the kappa opioid receptors which causes a numbing effect on the affected area.
- Rhus Tox – This is sourced from Poison Ivy. It is commonly used as an herbal remedy for muscle spasms, sprains, strains, and joint stiffness.
- Belladona – It is an herbal ingredient that has been used for treating pain associated with rheumatism. It also reduces joint pain and inflammation. However, its safety as an herbal remedy has not been established.
- Magnesium Sulfate – It is an important compound in the body that is needed to relax muscle spasms.
- Phosphorus – It helps to reduce muscle and joint pain after a strenuous activity. It is also needed for the repair of damaged cells in the body mainly in the bones, muscles, and joints. It also helps regulate the balance and use of important vitamins and minerals in the body.
- Ignatia – It calms the nerves and improves circulation of blood in the body.
- Lachesis Mutus – This homeopathic ingredient is sourced from the poisonous venom of the bushmaster snake. It is believed to improve mood and reduce anxiety.
- Naja – This ingredient is sourced from the venom of cobra. It is believed to reduce inflammation and pain of tissue nerves.
- MSM – Methylsulfonylmethane is a naturally occurring sulphur compound in the body that is known to reduce joint pain and inflammation.
- Cetyl Myristoleate – According to studies, it reduces joints pain, inflammation, and swelling. It also improves joint flexibility and mobility. It helps enhance synovial fluid production to act as cushion between joints in order to protect them from frictional damage.
Other ingredients of Rub On Relief are the following: Vitamin E, Safflower Seed Oil, Deodorized Garlic Oil, Phospholipids, Cetyl Esters, Emulsifying wax, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Glucose, Glucose oxidase, Capric triglyceride, Polysorbate 60, Lactoseperoxidase
How Does Rub On Relief Work?
LivingWell Nutraceuticals Rub On Relief primarily works by the process of counterirritation through the use of menthol. Since it has a numbing effect on the body, the pain sensation is greatly reduced. This mode of action is synergistically enhanced through the use of other herbal components that have been believed to also reduce joint pain, inflammation, and swelling.
Advantages of using LivingWell Nutraceuticals Rub On Relief
- It does not have strong scent. It only has a light mint smell.
- It is easily absorbed through the skin and does not leave a greasy feel.
- It is said that the effects can be experienced quick and they are long lasting.
- It has a money back guarantee for unsatisfied consumers.
Disadvantages of Using LivingWell Nutraceuticals Rub On Relief
- It contains herbal ingredients that when absorbed systemically can cause adverse reactions like poisoning and bleeding.
- It also contains venom from snakes which are neuro-toxic and can cause certain complications, especially when absorbed in the systemic circulation.
Directions for Use
Apply a liberal amount of the product on the affected area and massage thoroughly. This can be repeated 3-4 times in a day.
What Research Has Been Done?
There was no published research to attest for the product’s effectiveness and safety.
Are There Any Side Effects?
The product might cause the following side effects:
- Skin irritation
- Allergic reaction
- Skin rashes
- Poisoning (if the product is absorbed systemically through broken skin)
- Bleeding (if the product is absorbed systemically through broken skin)
Is It Effective?
The product might contain menthol however its percentage is not that high as compared to other topical analgesics thus providing less pain relieving benefit. While it is true that it contains other supplementary herbal ingredients to relieve joint pain, they are not scientifically proven to be safe and effective.
Is It Right For You?
If you are constantly experiencing joint pain and inflammation, this product might not be the right one for you because its safety and efficacy has not been subjected to any research or clinical trial.
What Should I Expect When Using Rub On Relief?
According to the manufacturer, pain relief, enhanced flexibility, and mobility can be expected when using this product. It might cause a cool sensation upon application on the affected area.
Will Rub On Relief Show Results?
The product might have provided some benefits to other people but it is not suitable and effective for everyone. It might temporarily reduce joint pain but it will not address why the pain is occurring which is commonly due to joint and cartilage damage.
How Long Does It Take To See The Result?
According to the manufacturer, pain relief can be noticed after several hours of applying the product.
- This product is for topical and external use only.
- Do not apply the product over broken or wounded skin because it might cause the ingredients to be systemically absorbed.
- Do not apply heating pads over the affected area because the numbing effect of the product might cause burn injuries.
If you are looking for quick, effective, and safe topical pain relievers, LivingWell Nutraceuticals Rub On Relief might not be a good option because its safety is the priority concern. It contains ingredients which safety for human use is questionable. Its menthol component is also less as compared to other topical analgesics. Lastly, it does not contain ingredients that support optimum joint health.