What Is Enbrel (Etanercept)?
Enbrel is a prescription drug that is injected into your system. Enbrel is used to treat and rehabilitate five long-term inflammatory complications; Rheumatoid arthritis (RA), plaque psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) and ankylosing spondylitis (AS).
Enbrel is classified in a class of medications referred to as biologic response modifiers, or biologics. By acting on the immune system, Enbrel blocks proteins that contribute to disease processes. This suppresses the immune system which may increase the risk of getting serious infections.
- Product Name:Enbrel (Etanercept)
- Contact: 1-888-4ENBREL (1-888-436-2735)
Who Is the Manufacturer of Enbrel (Etanercept)?
It is manufactured by a company registered by the name Pfizer.
How Does Enbrel (Etanercept) Work?
Enbrel injection has an active ingredient called etanercept, which is a group of medicine called a TNF blocker.
TNF blockers work by inhibiting the process of inflammation.
TNF alpha is a protein produced by our bodies and causes inflammation.
It also controls the activity of inflammatory chemicals. Etanercept inhibits the movement of inflammatory cells in and out of inflamed areas of our joints.
This calms the signs and symptoms of arthritis, improves the physical joint functions and reduces the rate of joint damage.
Enbrel (Etanercept) Ingredient – Is It Safe & Effective?
The active ingredient is Etanercept.
Enbrel is prescribed for individuals with moderate to highly active rheumatoid arthritis in order to improve physical function, lessen signs and symptoms, cause a significant clinical response, and stop the progression of structural damage (RA).
Enbrel may be started either alone or in conjunction with methotrexate (MTX).
Pros and Cons of Enbrel (Etanercept)
- It has been subjected to many clinical trials
- Enbrel blocks harmful agents that cause inflammation and joint pains
- The product is only available online
- Results may vary from person to person
Seller Info of Enbrel (Etanercept)
- Call 1-888-4ENBREL (1-888-436-2735) for one-on-one assistance.
- ENBREL Nurse Partners™* are available 5 days a week, 8 am–8 pm (ET)
- Support specialists are available Monday–Friday, 8 am–8 pm (ET)
- Live support is available in over 200 languages
Q.Is Enbrel (Etanercept) Effective?
A.Enbrel is marketed as a treatment of polyarthritis or oligoarthritis in children aged two years and above when methotrexate has not been effective or has resulted in unacceptable side effects. In adults, it is used to treat patients with severe symptoms of ankylosing spondylitis who are not responding well to conventional therapy. Well from the clinical trials, there’s a thin line between the side effects caused by Enbrel and the healing capabilities of Enbrel. Enbrel causes so many side effects that they overshadow its healing benefits. What’s the use of having your knee back online but having nervous problems or seizures?
Q.Is Enbrel (Etanercept) Right For You?
A.Enbrel is right for very few people. The product has so many side effects that it is not viable for most people. If you are suffering from joint complications, this should be your last resort. First, it is available only on prescription and second, there are so many risks involved when using this product.
Q.What Research has been done?
A.There have been numerous research and clinical studies conducted on Enbrel. Studies have been conducted to assert the safety of Enbrel. Several studies have been published on the internet. Most of these studies have established the side effects of the product. The studies have been conducted by both the producers and third parties.
Q.Who Should Use Enbrel (Etanercept)?
A.It is highly recommended that you take a look at the warnings sections of this review. A lot of people don’t qualify to use Enbrel.
Q.What Are The Warnings Related to Enbrel (Etanercept)?
- Consult your caregiver if you’ve existing medical conditions, taking any other medicines or if you have HIV or diabetes.
- Don’t take Enbrel if you Think you have any kind of infection.
- Avoid Enbrel if you Have Tuberculosis or if you have been in contact with someone with Tuberculosis or have had heart failure you should consult your caregiver first.
- If you live, have lived in countries where there is an increased risk of fungal infections, such as histoplasmosis you should not take Enbrel.
- If you have or had hepatitis B
- Seek medical attention if you develop symptoms like fever, bleeding, bruising, or paleness while taking this supplement
- Use with other products such as anakinra, abatacept, or cyclophosphamide avoid using Enbrel.
- If you have or have a serious nervous disorder, numbness, seizures or tingling you should consult your caregiver.
- Avoid Enbrel is you are scheduled to get a surgery.
- If you are taking ENBREL, you should not receive live vaccines.
- Avoid Enbrel if you are allergic to latex and other rubbers.
- Avoiding this product if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Q.How Long Does It Take To See The Result?
A.From clinical studies, the turnaround time varies from patient to patient. Technically, it depends on how severe the joint complication is. For mild cases, Enbrel works within days but for severe cases, it might never work at all
Q.What Are The Directions to Use Enbrel?
A.Enbrel is injected directly under the skin.
Your caregiver may teach you how to conduct the injections from the comfort of your home.
You should not self-inject if you have not learned how to effectively give yourself injections and dispose of used syringes and needles. Enbrel should be used with a diluent.
Be sure to learn how to correctly mix the Enbrel with the diluent. Know your injector; if you weigh at least 138 pounds you can use a Sureclick autoinjector.
For a person who weighs less than 138 pounds, use a different form of Enbrel. Always use a different point of the body every time you have an injection.
Avoiding injecting Enbrel into the point on your body two times in a row. Avoid injecting Enbrel into the skin that is bruised, tender, red, or hard.
How We Researched & Rated
Here is our score, based on scientific evidence, of how likely Enbrel (Etanercept) will be effective for its claimed benefits:
- Reduces joint pain*3.9/5
- Reduces joint stiffness*3.6/5
- Clinically researched product*3.6/5
- Enhance joint strength*3.8/5
We used the insights from our research and testing to assign a star rating from one to five (five being the best; one being the worst) to this product.
Enbrel – Customer Reviews
- “Since I have been using Enbrel for more than a year to treat my joint pain, I can honestly state that it has saved my life. I used to have agonising joint pain that made it difficult for me to carry out even the most basic duties before I started using Enbrel. But since I started using Enbrel, my joint pain and stiffness have significantly decreased. It is simple to use and has no negative effects on me.” ~ Robert
There’s nothing much that can be said about this product that has not been mentioned above. Unless you are in a deadly situation, you should avoid using this product. The risks involved with the use of Enbrel are too extreme!
Bones are connected by joints, which allow us to move with ease. Joint damage can cause pain preventing you from doing the things you once loved. Many conditions lead to joint pain from aging to an untreated sports injury. A quality joint product may help repair existing tissue damage and also promote stronger joints, less susceptible to future degeneration.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective joint pain supplements on the market today, in our opinion.