Biofreeze is a pain support brand that aims to help people with joint and discomfort related problems to live a pain-free life.
The company seems to optimize their pain controlling efforts by ensuring they deliver their pain formula in different ways.
Their line of pain relief products come in different forms including gel, roll-on, cream, spray and pump tubes. This variety of delivery methods is meant to help increase the formula’s efficiency.
Basically, it is all-inclusive pain support and management brand that targets to help athletes, gym lovers, footballers who want to manage muscle pain and discomfort. The product is also for home use.
Biofreeze Ingredients – What to Look For?
The diversity in the list of ingredients that this product brings forth may be the one detail that has made it popular among athletes. That is, most have research backing their efficiency in pain relief.
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract – Also commonly known as Aloe Vera, one review article in the journal Pharmacognosy Review suggests that it may help reduce inflammation in muscle tissues.
- Menthol 3.5% – The company takes this as its main active ingredient. It is the component in the center of the gate control concept that this product uses to ease the pain. A study report on menthol that appears in Rehabilitation Research and Practice suggests that it may help numb pain.
- Arnica Extract – Is said to help strengthen the body’s ability to recover from injury. The Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine mentions that it might speed up wound healing.
- Boswellia Carterii Resin – For years, extract from Boswellia has been used to help manage pain. Now, studies are coming up in support of this, one is an article in the Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
How Does It Work? | The Science Behind Biofreeze
The producers of Biofreeze explains that the way their formula works is using the gate control theory. The theory has it that pain signals can be diverted and this might reduce or sometimes eliminate pain.
As such, the ingredients act as a counterirritant, breaking the pain signal movement.
For best results, the formula is applied to the actual pain points, where once absorbed, the users may experience a cooling sensation. The menthol triggers the completion of the counterirritant mechanism thereby diminishing pain intensity.
What are the Pros of Biofreeze?
- The brand claims to help resolve body pains
- It may help encourage your gym efforts
- Professional athletes may use it as a safety gear to control pain in advance
- It might improve a person’s quality of life
What are the Cons of Biofreeze?
- It may not work the same for every person
- It uses the same formula for all the different delivery versions
- This product may not cure the underlying conditions that could be causing the pain
- The gate control theory that this product claims to base its working needs more research
Customer Questions & Answers
Q: How to Use Biofreeze?
A: Depending on whether you choose Biofreeze’s gel, roll-on, spray or pump, check the label on the delivery options you have ordered for user directions.
Q: Does Biofreeze Have Any Side Effects?
A: No. Biofreeze’s active component is Menthol 3.5% which different pieces of researches agree that it is safe for use on skin and muscle stimulation.
Q: Can I Use Biofreeze If I Have A Health Condition?
A: This being a menthol-based and external use only joint pain support product, it may be safe to use even when one has other health conditions. However, aspiring users with skin-related conditions should get permission from a dermatologist before using it.
Q: Does Biofreeze Work?
A: Yes. It may work. However, the results might vary since everybody is unique in how their body responds to treatment.
Q: What Is Biofreeze Money-back Guarantee, Return & Refund Policy?
A: The information on how this brand handles returned products is not highlighted on their official website. Aspiring users can call in to ask more about this detail.
Q: Is Biofreeze Safe?
A: The ingredient nature of the components that this formulation uses is safe and has researches supporting this. Besides, they’ve not given caution nor shared customer complaints from any previous users.
Biofreeze Customer Reviews & Results – What Users Are Saying
This product is quite popular among people who exercise including athletes and gym enthusiasts, and the users seem content with it.
Biofreeze: Packages, Deals, Prices & Where to Buy It
The price for this pain relief formula varies based on the delivery means.
- The Pain Patch retails for $11.99
- The Pain Relief Gel – $14.99
- Spray – $14.99
- The Cream costs $15.99
- Gel – Pump – $27.49
The Bottom Line on Biofreeze
The gate control pain relief theory that Biofreeze’s formula claims to use, to some extent makes biological sense.
In that, it counters interacts with pain signals to divert pain. This product also features other ingredients that, according to different pieces of studies may support pain management.
What, however, may make some people hesitant to try it, is the fact that it doesn’t guarantee to eliminate severe pain. As in, it doesn’t cure pain-causing conditions. It only promises temporary relief to joints, muscle and body aches.
Is There Anything Else You Should Know About Biofreeze?
Another detail that gives this product an upper hand in the pain relief market is the fact that the producers have managed to sell it through trainers. This shows they are confident with the brand and that it may deliver on its promise.
Where To Find It?
Biofreeze can be buy from the amazon.com.