Freeze your Pain with Salonpas Jet Spray
Salonpas is well-known for conceptualizing effective products for pain relief. Let us take a look at one of their innovative products called Jet Spray
What Is Salonpas Jet Spray?
Jet Spray is another revolutionary product from Salonpas. It is a unique topical analgesic that comes in a spray form. Unlike other products that come in cream or gel preparation, this product is housed in a can similar to that of the ordinary hair spray. It still contains the basic ingredient that Salonpas has utilized for many years like menthol and menthol salicylate. This product is suitable for the following:
- For relief of joint pain and discomfort.
- For relief of sore and aching muscle.
- For reduction of joint stiffness and swelling.
- For enhancing joint mobility.
- For reducing morning stiffness.
- For relieving muscle strain and spasms.
Manufacturer of Salonpas Jet Spray
This product is conceptualized and manufactured by Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co., Inc. It is a company located in Japan which is known for manufacturing topical analgesics.
List of Ingredients
Salonpas Jet Spray contains the following ingredients:
- Menthol 3% – This ingredient is usually derived from peppermint or other mint oils. In terms of pain relief, it is known as a counterirritant and works primarily by stimulating the thermoreceptors in the skin to reduce pain. It initially causes a cooling and soothing effect which is followed by warmth afterwards. Upon application to the skin, menthol also attaches to kappa opioid receptors thus producing an analgesic and numbing effect on the area. Menthol is also believed to cause vasodilation on the affected area which increases both blood and lymphatic circulation. Enhanced lymphatic drainage will reduce inflammation and relieve pressure on the nerve endings in the area.
- Methyl salicylate 10% – This ingredient is usually derived from wintergreen oils. Its action is similar to that of aspirin since they both contain salicylate which has analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. It is usually used in combination with menthol to produce an effective topical analgesic.
How Does Salonpas Jet Spray Work?
Jet Spray works through the process of counterirritation wherein the product applied to the skin will stimulate the thermoreceptors thereby producing another stimulus that is more potent than the ones produced by the pain receptors. It also contains ingredients that cause a slight numbing effect thereby enhancing pain relief.
Advantages of Using Salonpas Jet Spray
- It is convenient and easy to use.
- It provides quick and effective pain relief.
- It manufactured by a company trusted worldwide.
Disadvantages of Using Salonpas Jet Spray
- It can cause frostbite if not used according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- It has a strong menthol smell which is quite noticeable.
- It can cause a burning sensation a few minutes after it is applied which is sometimes unbearable for some people.
- It does not contain any ingredient that supports joint health and repair.
Directions for Use
You should remember the following when using this product:
- Shake the canister well prior to using the Jet Spray.
- Hold the canister 10 cm or approximately 4 inches away from the skin and spray for no more than one second. These precautions are done to avoid occurrence of frostbite which can likely happen if the product is sprayed to close to the affected area.
What Research Has Been Done?
There has been no published research or clinical trial about Salonpas Jet Spray.
Are There Any Side Effects?
This product can cause the following side effects:
- Skin irritation
- Burning sensation
Is It Effective?
Salonpas Jet Spray contains the basic ingredients needed for immediate but only temporary pain relief. This is because it only contains ingredients that will numb the affected area but no components to repair damaged joints and cartilages. As we all known, damaged joint tissues are the primary reason why we are experiencing pain thus this product can be considered effective but only for temporary pain relief.
Is It Right For You?
This product is NOT right for you:
- If you have allergy to any of its ingredients
- If you cannot tolerate strong menthol smell that it has
- If you want a permanent answer to your joint and muscle pains
What Should I Expect When Taking Salonpas Jet Spray?
Initially, people using the Jet Spray will experience a cool sensation over the area where the product was used. The pain relief on the area usually follows within a few hours after the initial application.
Will Salonpas Jet Spray Show Results?
Salonpas Jet Spray can produce positive results for some people however not all people will benefit from this product. The results will vary from one person to another depending on the severity of symptoms and how well the body responds to its components.
How Long Does It Take To See The Result?
Pain relief can be usually felt after a couple of hours after applying the Salonpas Jet Spray on the affected area.
- This product is for external use only.
- Follow the instructions on how to hold and apply the spray to prevent frostbite.
- Do not apply on broken, irritated, or wounded skin because it will cause systemic absorption of the ingredients.
- Do not apply tight bandage over the area where the spray was applied.
- Do not use heating bad over the area where the spray was applied because the numbing effect of the product can cause serious burn injuries.
- Avoid inhalation of the product because it can cause serious adverse reactions.
- Avoid spraying near the eyes, nose, mouth, and other mucous membranes.
- Do not use the product for more than 7 days.
Salonpas Jet Spray provides an effective and quick pain relief however like other topical analgesics, these effects are only temporary and not the long term solution that we are all looking for. Joint pain occurs whenever its tissues are damaged but Jet Spray does not contain any key building blocks needed for joint and cartilage repair. Instead, it only provides a quick but temporary fix on joint pains. Thus if you truly want to be free from joint related symptoms like pain, inflammation, swelling, and stiffness, you might want to consider products that offers you a lot more than just basic pain relief.
Top Joint Pain Relief Products
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. If you are pregnant, nursing, have a serious medical condition, or have a history of heart conditions we suggest consulting with a physician before using any supplement. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease and should not be relied upon as medical advice. Always consult your doctor before using any supplements.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."