What is Salonpas Jet Spray?
Salonpas is well-known for conceptualizing effective products for pain relief. Let us take a look at one of their innovative products called Jet Spray
Jet Spray is another revolutionary product from Salonpas. It is a unique topical analgesic that comes in a spray form. Unlike other products that come in cream or gel preparation, this product is housed in a can similar to that of the ordinary hair spray. It still contains the basic ingredient that Salonpas has utilized for many years like menthol and menthol salicylate. This product is suitable for the following:
- For relief of joint pain and discomfort.
- For relief of sore and aching muscle.
- For reduction of joint stiffness and swelling.
- For enhancing joint mobility.
- For reducing morning stiffness.
- For relieving muscle strain and spasms.
- Product Name:Salonpas Jet Spray
- Form:Jet Spray
- Ingredients:Menthol 3% and Methyl salicylate 10%.
- Unitcount:4 Fl oz
What is the Company Behind Salonpas Jet Spray?
This product is conceptualized and manufactured by Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co., Inc. It is a company located in Japan which is known for manufacturing topical analgesics.
How Does Salonpas Jet Spray Work?
Jet Spray works through the process of counterirritation wherein the product applied to the skin will stimulate the thermoreceptors thereby producing another stimulus that is more potent than the ones produced by the pain receptors. It also contains ingredients that cause a slight numbing effect thereby enhancing pain relief.
Salonpas Jet Spray Ingredients – Are They Safe & Effective?
Salonpas Jet Spray contains the following ingredients:
This ingredient is usually derived from peppermint or other mint oils.
In terms of pain relief, it is known as a counterirritant and works primarily by stimulating the thermoreceptors in the skin to reduce pain.
It initially causes a cooling and soothing effect which is followed by warmth afterwards.
Upon application to the skin, menthol also attaches to kappa opioid receptors thus producing an analgesic and numbing effect on the area.
Menthol is also believed to cause vasodilation in the affected area which increases both blood and lymphatic circulation.
Enhanced lymphatic drainage will reduce inflammation and relieve pressure on the nerve endings in the area as per study.
Topical menthol gel is utilised as an analgesic because menthol has weak analgesic qualities when administered to the site of musculoskeletal injury.
Methyl salicylate 10%
As per clinical diagnosis, This ingredient is usually derived from wintergreen oils.
Its action is similar to that of aspirin since they both contain salicylate which has analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. It is usually used in combination with menthol to produce an effective topical analgesic.
Salonpas Jet Spray Pros and Cons
Salonpas Jet Spray Pros
- May provide long-lasting relief
- Could provide relief from muscle spasms and joint aches
- Might provide cooling sensation in the inflamed area of the body
Salonpas Jet Spray Cons
- Available online only
- For external use only
Salonpas Jet Spray FAQ’s
Q.What Research Has Been Done on Salonpas Jet Spray?
A.There has been no published research or clinical trial about Salonpas Jet Spray.
Q.What Are The Directions to Use Salonpas Jet Spray?
A.You should remember the following when using this product:
- Shake the canister well prior to using the Jet Spray.
- Hold the canister 10 cm or approximately 4 inches away from the skin and spray for no more than one second. These precautions are done to avoid the occurrence of frostbite which can likely happen if the product is sprayed to close to the affected area.
Q.Is Salonpas Jet Spray Effective?
A.Salonpas Jet Spray contains the basic ingredients needed for immediate but only temporary pain relief. This is because it only contains ingredients that will numb the affected area but no components to repair damaged joints and cartilages. As we all know, damaged joint tissues are the primary reason why we are experiencing pain thus this product can be considered effective but only for temporary pain relief.
Q.is It Right For You?
A.This product is NOT right for you:
- If you have allergy to any of its ingredients
- If you cannot tolerate strong menthol smell that it has
- If you want a permanent answer to your joint and muscle pains
Q.How Long Does Salonpas Jet Spray Take To See The Result?
A.Pain relief can be usually felt after a couple of hours after applying the Salonpas Jet Spray on the affected area.
Q.What Should I Expect When Using Salonpas Jet Spray?
A.Initially, people using the Jet Spray will experience a cool sensation over the area where the product was used. The pain relief on the area usually follows within a few hours after the initial application.
Q.Will Salonpas Jet Spray Show Results?
A.Salonpas Jet Spray can produce positive results for some people however not all people will benefit from this product. Check out other salonpas products, salonpas pain patch.
The results will vary from one person to another depending on the severity of symptoms and how well the body responds to its components.
Q.What Are The Warnings Realted to Salonpas Jet Spary?
- This product is for external use only.
- Follow the instructions on how to hold and apply the spray to prevent frostbite.
- Do not apply on broken, irritated, or wounded skin because it will cause systemic absorption of the ingredients.
- Do not apply a tight bandage over the area where the spray was applied.
- Do not use heating bad over the area where the spray was applied because the numbing effect of the product can cause serious burn injuries.
- Avoid inhalation of the product because it can cause serious adverse reactions.
- Avoid spraying near the eyes, nose, mouth, and other mucous membranes.
- Do not use the product for more than 7 days.
How We Researched & Rated
Here is our score, based on scientific evidence, of how likely Salonpas Jet Spray will be effective for its claimed benefits:
- Reduce joint discomfort*3.8/5
- Relieve muscle strain*3.6/5
- Reduce morning stiffness*3.4/5
- Reduce joint stiffness*3.9/5
We used the insights from our research and testing to assign a star rating from one to five (five being the best; one being the worst) to this product.
Salonpas Jet Spray – Customer Reviews
- “Joint pain is effectively treated with Salonpas Jet Spray. It helps me sleep at night when discomfort keeps me awake. I also take it when my arthritis flares up when I’m driving. Good things to carry with you or keep in your pocket.” ~ Hazel K.
Salonpas Jet Spray provides effective and quick pain relief however like other topical analgesics, these effects are only temporary and not the long-term solution that we are all looking for. Joint pain occurs whenever its tissues are damaged but Jet Spray does not contain any key building blocks needed for joint and cartilage repair.
Instead, it only provides a quick but temporary fix for joint pains. Thus if you truly want to be free from joint-related symptoms like pain, inflammation, swelling, and stiffness, you might want to consider products that offer you a lot more than just basic pain relief.
If you’re looking for alternative pain relief spray options, you may want to check out our in-depth theraworx reviews.
Bones are connected by joints, which allow us to move with ease. Joint damage can cause pain preventing you from doing the things you once loved. Topical joint relief supplements tend to work more quickly, helping to relieve pain directly in the affected area compared to supplements taken orally. A topical joint pain relief supplement should be evaluated on its: potential to block the transportation of pain signals, potential to act as a counterirritant to reduce soreness, potential to act as a counterirritant to reduce soreness and Quality of Ingredients* backed by clinical research.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective topical joint pain supplements on the market today, in our opinion.