DEEP Relieving Gel: Another Wonder from Salonpas
Salonpas is popular for the Arthritis patch but the brand also offers a different form of topical analgesic with its DEEP Relieving Gel.
What Is Salonpas DEEP Relieving Gel?
DEEP Relieving Gel is one of the products offered by Salonpas, a brand trusted worldwide. Apart from the Arthritis Patch that Salonpas is known for, this topical analgesic comes in gel form that can be easily absorbed by the skin and has deep penetrating pain relief. It can be used for the following conditions:
- Joint pains like those associated with arthritis and rheumatism.
- Joint discomfort brought by exercise or heavy lifting.
- Muscle soreness due to performing rigorous activities.
- Joint stiffness especially upon waking up in the morning.
- Limited joint flexibility.
Manufacturer of Salonpas DEEP Relieving Gel
Salonpas products are manufactured by Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co., Inc, a company that is based in Japan and is known for producing quality topical analgesics.
List of Ingredients
Salonpas DEEP Relieving Gel contains the following ingredients:
- Camphor 3.1% – This ingredient is one of the counterirritants that is commonly used in topical analgesics. It stimulates the thermoreceptors in the skin to produce an initial cooling effect then a warmth feel afterwards. These changes act as a different stimulus to divert the attention away from the pain sensation. Camphor also has antimicrobial property which helps in the elimination of harmful microbes in the skin.
- Menthol 10% – It is the most common ingredient used in relieving joint and muscle pain. It primarily acts a counterirritant wherein it produces an initial cooling effect on the skin and then warmth feel deep into the tissues after. When applied to the skin, menthol receptors called ligands attach to kappa opioid receptors thus producing a numbing effect on the area where menthol was applied.
- Methyl salicylate 15% – It contains salicylate, the primary component of aspirin. Salicylate has both anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect on the body. This ingredient is usually combined with menthol to effectively reduce pains and aches in the body.
How Does Salonpas DEEP Relieving Gel Work?
When the product is applied and absorbed through the skin, the ingredients contained in the gel will initially give a cooling effect which will serve acts as a counter-irritant. The cold sensation will then be followed by a warmth feel which gives a numbing effect on the muscles thus effectively reducing the pain. It also has anti-inflammatory property which reduces joint and muscle inflammation.
*All individuals are unique. Your results can and will vary.
Advantages of Using Salonpas DEEP Relieving Gel
- Could provide penetrating pain relief for up to 8 hours.
- May provide temporary relief from minor aches & pains of muscles
- It contains salicylate which may not be suitable for people with aspirin allergy.
- It has a strong menthol scent which is not tolerated by most people.
- It just provides a temporary pain relief and does not address the cause of joint pain which is damage to the joints and cartilages in the body.
Directions for Use
Apply an enough amount of gel into the affected area and massage thoroughly. Salonpas DEEP Relieving Gel can be applied 3 to 4 times in a day to experience a long lasting pain relief.
What Research Has Been Done?
There has been no published research regarding the effectiveness of using Salonpas DEEP Relieving Gel in addressing joint and/or muscle pain.
Is It Effective?
While some people may find effective joint relief from this product, it does not guarantee that it will be effective for all people. The result will vary on the severity of the symptoms and how well the body responds to the product. Keep in mind that there has been no research that justifies the power of Salonpas DEEP Relieving Gel in reducing joint pains.
Is It Right For You?
This product is not suitable for you for the following reasons:
- If you have known allergy to salicylates.
- If you don’t want products with strong menthol smell.
- If you cannot tolerate the warmth and sometimes burning sensation that counterirritants (such as camphor and menthol) give.
What Should I Expect When Using Salonpas DEEP Relieving Gel?
Upon using the product, you should expect that you will feel an initial cooling effect over the area where the gel was applied. After a few minutes, this cooling effect will then be followed by a warm and sometimes burning sensation. These changes on the thermoreceptors in the skin are caused by the counterirritants contained in the product.
Will Salonpas DEEP Relieving Gel Show Results
Some consumers have mentioned that Salonpas DEEP Relieving Gel provided them with pain relief however it is just temporary and did not really address why they are having the joint pains. Thus when you stop using the product, pain will eventually resume.
*All individuals are unique. Your results can and will vary.
How Long Does It Take To See The Result?
According to the manufacturer, pain relief is experienced within a few hours of applying the gel to the affected area. Pain relief lasts for a maximum of 8 hours.
- This product is for external and topical use only.
- Avoid using this product on areas near mucous membranes to prevent systemic absorption.
- Wash your hands immediately after applying the gel to avoid contact with other parts of the body.
- Avoid using this product if you have known allergy to salicylates.
- Do not apply heating pads over the area where the gel was applied because the numbing effect of the product might case burn injuries.
You May Also Like – Voltaren Gel
If you are looking for a product that offers quick and deep penetrating pain relief then Salonpas DEEP Relieving Gel might be a good choice however if you want to experience total freedom from joint and muscle pain then you might want to consider products that offers a more holistic approach.
This gel product does not contain any ingredients that support joint health and repair which means that you will still have the pain once the effect wears off. Find a product that offers you not just pain relief but can also repair your damaged joints and cartilages.