What Is Salonpas Pain Relief Patch?
Salonpas Pain Relief Patch is a (OTC) topical pain relief patch for the temporary relief of joint and muscle aches or pains from arthritis, strains, sprains, bruises and other conditions. It is designed to provide substantial pain relief that lasts up to 12 hours. It uses two powerful pain fighting ingredients namely menthol and methyl salicylate.
What Does It Claim To Do?
Salonpas Pain Relief Patch claims to be for the temporary relief of mild to moderate pains and aches of the joints and muscles from:
- Simple backache
- Menthol – This is one of the most effective natural pain relievers. It causes a cool and soothing effect on areas where it is applied topically which helps relieve muscle and joint pain and aches. It is an analgesic since it contains ligands which attach to receptors in the cells which causes a numbing effect. It also triggers vasodilation wherein blood vessels widen thus increasing blood flow. This enhances the healing process helping relieve pain by addressing the actual cause.
- Methyl salicylate – this active ingredient has a warming effect on the area of application. Working together with menthol, it causes the alternation of cool and warm sensations which generally works as a distraction from the pain. It is effective as a pain reliever and also has an anti-inflammatory effect that helps treat both muscle and joint aches and pains. However, long-term use of methyl salicylate may be unsafe for some individuals.
- Could help relieve minor to moderate pain.
- May enhance blood flow to the joints and improve the healing process.
- Might provide temporary relief from mild to moderate aches & pains of muscles
- The product is not always effective especially for severe joint and muscle pain.
- Long-term use may cause adverse effects on certain users.
- It is not for everyone since some people can’t tolerate the cool and warm sensation that the patches cause.
- There are many feedbacks saying it only relieves pain for a very short time period.
This product is not recommended for children under 18 years of age. Apply one patch to the affected area after cleaning and drying the skin. Leave it on for 8 to 12 hours then use another if needed. Do not use more than 2 patches a day and do not use for more than 3 straight days.
Does It Really Work?
Salonpas Pain Relief Patch has been around for a very long time and many users swear by its effectiveness. However, it is only effective for mild to moderate pain of the muscles and joints. Users say it isn’t effective especially for severe pain.
Salonpas Pain Relief Patch is for external use only. Do not use this product if you are trying to get pregnant, are already pregnant or are currently breastfeeding.
After carefully scrutinizing Salonpas Pain Relief Patch, it is a good pain relief product for both muscle and joint pain. However, it is just for minor aches and pains and doesn’t really work for severe pain of the muscles and joints. Also, it only offers temporary relief. However, there are better products for moderate to severe joint and muscle pain.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available informations and our estimation of efficacy.
*Result may vary. If you are pregnant, nursing, have a serious medical condition, or have a history of heart conditions we suggest consulting with a physician before using any supplement. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease and should not be relied upon as a medical advice. Always consult your doctor before using any supplements.
Disclosure of Material connection: Some of the links in the post above are “associate sales links.” This means if you can click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials.”