Athletes and body builders often suffer from joint pain. Now there is a product called MET-Rx Super Joint Guard that has been manufactured to address to this very common concern. Let us take quick review on this joint supplement.
What Is MET-Rx Super Joint Guard?
MET-Rx Super Joint Guard is a joint supplement that has been specifically manufactured for body builders and athletes. Being engaged in heavy lifting and sports brings burden and stress to the joints and muscles which will eventually result to pain, strain, and inflammation. The formulation contained in this supplement will help the joints and muscles in the body to recover fast and maintain their healthy stature. It contains key building blocks for joint health, omega rich fatty acids, and other ingredients that will support optimum joint and muscular health. It aims to provide the following benefits:
- It reduces joint pain, swelling, and inflammation.
- It supports optimum joint and cartilage health.
- It helps in the regeneration of damaged joints and cartilages in the body.
- It helps prevent coronary disease since it contains omega rich fatty acids.
- It helps boost the body’s immune system.
- It reduces joint stiffness and discomfort.
- It improves joint mobility and flexibility.
Manufacturer of MET-Rx Super Joint Guard
MET-Rx Super Joint Guard is manufactured by MET-Rx Nutrition Incorporated, a nutraceutical company based in Florida.
List of Ingredients of MET-Rx Super Joint Guard
The active ingredients contained in this supplement are the following:
- Glucosamine – It is a naturally occurring substance in the body that is most abundant in the joints and cartilages. Healthy and young individuals have abundant supply of glucosamine in the body to support joint and cartilage regeneration. It is considered as one of the key building blocks for joint health and repair. It also enhances the production of synovial fluid in the body to serve as a cushion between the joints in order to protect them from frictional damage. Glucosamine also enhances joint mobility and flexibility.
- Chondroitin – It is also a naturally occurring substance in the body and is also abundant in the joints and cartilages. It helps repair joint and cartilage damage. According to studies, the combination of glucosamine and chondroitin can effectively reduce joint pain, inflammation, and swelling. Together, they are proven to reduce joint pain in people suffering from osteoarthritis.
- MSM – Methylsulfonylmethane is natural organic sulphur compound that is abundant in human, plant, and animal cells. It has a known reputation for effectively reducing joint pain, inflammation, and swelling. In fact, according to studies, using MSM as a supplement will help people suffering from rheumatoid and osteoarthritis. It supports optimum joint health and also helps in the regeneration of damaged joint cells.
- Omega 3-6-9 – The combination of these three healthy fatty acids has been very popular in the medical industry because they provide many benefits to the human body. Omega 3 and 6 are considered essential polyunsaturated fatty acids and the body cannot manufacture them thus we need to obtain them from food sources or supplements. On the other hand, Omega 9 is a monounsaturated fatty acid that can also be consumed through dietary intake. Together, these omega fatty acids promote holistic health because they affect the body in a cellular level. They boost the body’s immune system thus protecting it from everyday stress and infection. It also reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases by promoting a healthy circulatory system. Omega 3-6-9 also enhances absorption of other vitamins and nutrients.
- Flaxseed – It is commonly known as a rich source of protein and fiber but flaxseed has a lot more to offer. It has antioxidant properties that help the body to eliminate the free radicals that causes damage to the cells including the joints. It is also a good source of healthy fat that is effective in reducing cholesterol and maintaining healthy liver.
How Does MET-Rx Super Joint Guard Work?
MET-Rx Super Joint Guard works by supplying the body with the essential nutrients, fatty acids, and joint building blocks in order to support optimum joint health. By supplying these nutrients and substances, the body is aided in the repairing damaged joints and cartilages.
Advantages of using MET-Rx Super Joint Guard
- MET-Rx Super Joint Guard is manufactured by a reputable nutraceutical company thus ensuring that the product is of good quality.
- It is specifically manufactured for athletes, body builders, and people who have an active lifestyle.
Disadvantages of using MET-Rx Super Joint Guard
- You have to consume 4 softgels in day to experience its benefits which can be quite a burden especially for people who have difficulty consuming oral supplements.
- It contains glucosamine which is sourced from shellfish thus the supplement is not totally safe for people who have shellfish allergy.
Directions for Use
According to the manufacturer, you have to take 4 softgels once daily. It is preferably taken with meals to enhance absorption and prevent gastric upset.
What Research Has Been Done?
There are no published researches or clinical studies done to prove the effectiveness of MET-Rx Super Joint Guard.
Are There Any Side Effects?
This supplement can cause the following side effects:
- Gastric upset
- Allergic reaction
- Increased bleeding risk
Is It Effective?
MET-Rx Super Joint Guard may be considered effective by some people however this supplement will not surely work for everyone. While consumers might experience relief from joint pain and inflammation, these benefits might take time before the consumer can actually feel it since its glucosamine, chondroitin, and MSM components are not that high compared to other supplements.
Is It Right For You?
Some people might favour towards the use of MET-Rx Super Joint Guard however this product might not be suitable for you if:
- If you have known allergy to shellfish and other seafood products.
- If you have been diagnosed with a medical condition.
- If you are currently taking other medications prescribed by your doctor.
- If you are pregnant or providing breastfeeds to your child.
What Should I Expect When Taking MET-Rx Super Joint Guard?
According to the manufacturer, taking MET-Rx Super Joint Guard will make you feel revitalized after a long day of strenuous activities. It will lessen joint pains, swelling and inflammation.
Will MET-Rx Super Joint Guard Show Results?
If you have already tried other glucosamine and chondroitin containing supplements then taking MET-Rx Super Joint Guard will not make any difference at all because it just contains the basic components that most joint supplements have.
How Long Does It Take To See The Result?
It might take a few weeks or months before the optimum results of using MET-Rx Super Joint Guard can be experienced.
- Consult your physician prior to taking this supplement to ensure its safety towards your present condition.
- Avoid this supplement if you have shellfish allergy.
- Avoid taking this supplement if you have a scheduled surgery because it will likely increase your bleeding risk.
- Do not take along with other supplements or prescription medications.
MET-Rx Super Joint Guard might be advertised extravagantly however its components are just almost similar to what other joint products has to offer thus it cannot be that effective as they say. Also, the product’s efficacy has not been proven by any research or clinical trials.
Top Joint Pain Relief Products
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. If you are pregnant, nursing, have a serious medical condition, or have a history of heart conditions we suggest consulting with a physician before using any supplement. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease and should not be relied upon as medical advice. Always consult your doctor before using any supplements.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."