What is Mentholatum ointment?
Mentholatum Ointment is used to relieve minor muscle or joint pain. It can also be used to treat minor aches and pains of the muscles and joints, such as arthritis, backache, sprains, and cold symptoms like stuffy noses, chest congestion, sinus congestion, and coughs.
Additionally, it can be applied to the chest, neck, and back to provide relief from cold and flu symptoms.
- Name:Mentholatum Ointment
- Ingredients:Menthol, Camphor
- Contact:1-877-636-2677, [email protected]
- Unitcount:3 OZ
- Serving Size:According To Need
Who Is The Manufacturer Of Mentholatum Ointment?
It is made by a company known as Mentholatum. This is a company that is known for producing an assortment of healthy supplements ranging from skincare to joint care. They claim to invest a lot in terms of research, and clinical studies.
The company was founded in 1889 and is known for its top three products, Mentholatum Original Ointment, Softlips Lip Balm, and Oxy Skincare.
How Does Mentholatum Ointment Work?
Mentholatum Ointment is a topical ointment that is used to provide relief from pain and to treat skin conditions such as warts, cold sores, and other minor skin irritations.
The ointment contains a combination of active ingredients, including menthol, camphor, and phenol, which work together to provide a cooling sensation while also acting as an anti-inflammatory.
Mentholatum Ointment Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
– Camphor oil has been used for centuries as a natural remedy for the relief of joint and muscle pain. There have been numerous clinical studies that support its use for pain relief, particularly in the treatment of arthritis.
Pros and Cons Of Mentholatum Ointment
- May temporarily relieve minor aches
- Could relieve muscle and joints pain
- Might relieve chest ache from cold and flu
- It can be bought over the counter without a prescription
- The healing effects delivered are not permanent. You need to apply the ointment again after some time in order to realize sustained benefits.
- The producers of the product have not posted the clinical study data they obtained from their research
Mentholatum Ointment FAQ’s
Q.What Are The Directions to Use Mentholatum Ointment?
A.To use Mentholatum Ointment, simply apply a thin layer of the ointment to the affected area and massage until absorbed. It should not be used on wounds or damaged skin.
Q.What Are the Side Effects of Mentholatum Ointment?
A.The most common side effects of Mentholatum Ointment are skin irritation, burning, or stinging at the site of application. If these effects persist or worsen, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
Q.What Is the Recommended Dosage Of Mentholatum Ointment?
A.Adults and children 2 years of age or older should apply a thin layer of the ointment to the affected area and massage until it is completely absorbed into the skin.
How We Researched & Rated
Here is our score, based on scientific evidence, of how likely Mentholatum Ointment will be effective for its claimed benefits:
- Non Greasy Gel*3.8/5
- Relieves Muscle Aches & Pains*3.7/5
- Helps Relieves Colds*3.8/5
- 100% Natural Active Ingredients*3.7/5
We used the insights from our research and testing to assign a star rating from one to five (five being the best; one being the worst) to this product.
Mentholatum Ointment Customer Reviews
- Mentholatum Ointment has a pleasant scent and is easy to apply. The ointment is very effective in helping to soothe sore muscles and reduce inflammation. It has a long-lasting effect and does not leave a messy residue. I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a natural remedy for muscle and joint pain. ~ Nathan.M
Mentholatum Ointment – Conclusion
It is a simple topical analgesic that promises a lot. Top of its marketing claims is that the ointment works within the first ten minutes. We like the fact that it is available to be bought and shipped all over the world. The choice of the ingredient is also great and we feel that this product is competitive.
However, there are many topical joint pain products available in the market which are available at cheaper prices. Explore them before ordering this product.
Bones are connected by joints, which allow us to move with ease. Joint damage can cause pain preventing you from doing the things you once loved. Many conditions lead to joint pain from aging to an untreated sports injury. A quality joint product may help repair existing tissue damage and also promote stronger joints, less susceptible to future degeneration.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective joint pain supplements on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Joint Pain Relief Products
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available informations and our estimation of efficacy.
*Result may vary. If you are pregnant, nursing, have a serious medical condition, or have a history of heart conditions we suggest consulting with a physician before using any supplement. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease and should not be relied upon as a medical advice. Always consult your doctor before using any supplements.
Disclosure of Material connection: Some of the links in the post above are “associate sales links.” This means if you can click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials.”