What is BioAstin?
BioAstin is a natural supplement that supports joint health and functioning. It focuses on one main active ingredient, which is a potent antioxidant called Astaxanthin.
The product also claims to support visual functioning, immune functioning, cellular health, protects the skin, helps the body recover from exercise and lessens the oxidative stress on the heart and blood vessels.
What is the Company Behind BioAstin?
This product is manufactured by Nutrex Hawaii, a company that was founded by Dr. Gerald Cysewski in 1990 in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii. The company’s mission is to use microalgae to enhance the health and quality of life of people around the world.
The unique location of the company on the extremely sunny Big Island of Hawaii makes an abundance of resources available, which they make use of in their products.
How does BioAstin work?
The supplement is packed with the most powerful antioxidants which are found in astaxanthin and also Vitamin E. These fight the oxidation process in the body, which leads to the breakdown of cells over time. It improves cellular functioning.
The antioxidant astaxanthin is bioavailable all over the body, so it’s beneficial to the skin, eyes, joints and muscles, immune system, and cells, to name a few. It helps your internal organs to function better. Research shows its effect on the pain and inflammation associated with arthritis.
What are the Ingredients used in BioAstin?
There’s really only one main active ingredient in this product, astaxanthin, with other accompanying or inactive ingredients.
- Astaxanthin – It’s a naturally occurring carotenoid. This is a powerful anti-oxidant with numerous and varied health benefits. It supports good joint health, visual functioning, skin health, immune functioning, and cellular health. It also reduces the oxidative stress on the heart and blood vessels and helps with exercise recovery. Research has confirmed these benefits .
- Vitamin E – This is another potent antioxidant with many health benefits. It has anti-aging benefits for the skin, and it helps speed up healing. It supports good visual health and functioning. It also greatly strengthens the immune system. Vitamin E plays a role in preventing and treating osteoarthritis.
- Glycerin – It’s a compound that’s a sweet flavored liquid. This is used as an inactive ingredient in this and many other medications and supplements.
What are the Pros of BioAstin?
- This supplement supports the health of the joints.
- It claims to support healthy vision and proper eye functioning.
- BioAstin can help the body recover from exercise.
- It can decrease the oxidative stress on the heart and blood vessels.
What are the Cons of BioAstin?
- The capsules are big and may be difficult to swallow.
- The dosages and prices are confusing.
- It focuses on one primary active ingredient.
Q: How Should You Use BioAstin?
A: If you’re taking this product for general health concerns, take 4-6 mg per day. If you’re taking it for a specific health problem, begin with 12 mg per day. After 4 weeks, drop down to 4-8 mg per day depending on how your body reacts to it. You should notice an effect in 2-6 weeks.
Q: How Much Does BioAstin Cost?
A: On the official website, there are several buying options depending on the number of capsules per bottle and the mg dosage per capsule.
- 12mg, 120 capsules: $65.99
- 4mg, 270 capsules: $60.99
- 12mg, 50 capsules: $33.99
- 12mg, 25 capsules: $22.99
- 4mg, 120 capsules: $32.99
- 4mg, 60 capsules: $21.99
- 12mg, 75 capsules, vegan: $47.99
- 12mg, 50 capsules, vegan: $31.49
- 4mg, 120 capsules, vegan, $38.99
Q: What is BioAstin’s Return Policy?
A: The manufacturer has a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you’re dissatisfied with the product, contact the company within 30 days of the purchase date and request a refund. They will not refund the shipping costs.
You can also purchase this product from other online retailers. In that case, you’re covered under their return policy.
Q: Does BioAstin offer a free trial?
A: No, there’s no free trial associated with this product. There are no free samples available either. If you want to try this product, you have to buy it from either the official website or from another online retailer.
BioAstin Review – The Conclusion
Most of the reviews for this product were very good. Customers were pleased with the results they got which included faster healing, cognitive benefits, and relief of joint pain and inflammation.
There were also some negative reviews pointing towards some potential side effects. Some customers mentioned getting acne, and one male customer got gynecomastia. If these symptoms occur, stop taking the product.
This supplement may cause the side effects mentioned, and it could also interact negatively with the medications you’re taking.
That’s why it’s so important that you make an appointment with your family physician before you start using the supplement. You need to make sure the product is medically appropriate for you.