One of the most common misconceptions that people have in mind is that they can take higher doses of drugs without the need to consult their physician. This act can definitely put your life in danger especially if you have a present medical condition and you’re taking other medications that could not go well with Advil.
Ibuprofen is the active ingredient in Advil which belongs to the so-called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or NSAIDs. This class of medication is known to target diseases like fever and mild body pain which can be brought by inflammation. NSAID works by inhibiting production of prostaglandins that can cause inflammation.
Advil works well in relieving you from pain caused by the following medical condition: menstrual cramps, strains, sprains, arthritis, migraine, cold, sore throat, flu, dental pain and muscular pains.
Remember, there are ideal dosages for children and adult. It is best to consult your doctor to know the right dosage for you as it may also depend on the kind of medical condition you have.
Like most medicines today, Advil also entails various side effects that could definitely harm your body system. Hence, it is vital that you consult your doctor first before taking a dose of Advil. Included in its adverse side effects are the following:
- Advil is known to cause nausea and vomiting. There could be a minimal possibility that you would experience this side effect though.
- Another adverse side effect of Advil is heartburn which can definitely cause a not so pleasant feeling.
- You can also suffer from minor rashes as a side effect of taking Advil.
Because of these side effects, you should always take extra precaution when taking Advil. Follow your doctor’s orders to prevent any unwanted side effects that could harm you. In addition, you must not take Advil if you have any or under the following conditions:
- If you’re smoking tobacco
- If you just had a coronary bypass surgery
- If you have an ulcer
- If you have high blood pressure
- If you are pregnant
- If you have chronic heart failure
- If you have a liver problem
Though Advil can definitely be considered as an effective medicine to treat body pains and various medical conditions, it is still safer for you to be more vigilant by making sure that you will only take the right dosage to avoid its adverse side effects.