As people age, joints are damaged due to stress, trauma, and constant friction. Vitabase Super Joint Formula offers to support optimum joint repair and health, but how true is their claim?
What Is Vitabase Super Joint Formula?
Vitabase Super Joint Formula is a supplement that has a mix of ingredients that support optimum joint health. The manufacturer of the product claims that this product effectively reduces joint pain and stiffness. It contains key building blocks for joint repair and other supplementary ingredients. This product can be used for the following:
- To reduce joint pain and discomfort.
- To reduce joint stiffness.
- To improve joint flexibility and mobility.
- To help in the repair process of damaged joints and cartilages.
- To improve the condition of connective tissues including the joints and cartilages.
- To reduce muscle pain and soreness.
Manufacturer of Vitabase Super Joint Formula
Vitabase is the manufacturer of Super Joint Formula. It is a nutraceutical company based in Georgia.
List of Ingredients
The primary ingredients of this product are the following:
- Glucosamine – It is a naturally occurring substance in the body that is abundant in the joints. They support optimum joint health and helps in the repair process of damaged joints. It stimulates the formation and repair of damaged cartilages. It also enhances the production of synovial fluid to act as a cushion in order to protect the joints from frictional damage. Glucosamine also contributes in the reduction of join pain and discomfort. In fact, according to studies, using glucosamine has greatly reduced joint pain in controlled subjects compared to placebo use.
- Chondroitin – It is also a naturally occurring substance in the body that is a major component of the cartilage structure. Its primary function is to protect the cartilages from enzymes that breakdown or damage the cartilages. Chondroitin also assists in repairing damaged cartilages in the body. According to clinical trials, the combination of chondroitin and glucosamine greatly reduces joint pain especially in people who have osteoarthritis and rheumatism.
- MSM – Methylsulfonylmethane is an organic sulphur compound in the body. It helps to reduce joint and muscle pain.
It also has anti-inflammatory properties which, according to studies, can help in reducing joint inflammation and swelling.
- Shark Cartilage – It is a natural ingredient that is rich in glucosamine and chondroitin. It helps maintain healthy connective tissue more specifically the joints and cartilages. It also helps reduce joint pain, stiffness, and inflammation.
- Green-lipped Sea Mussel – Commonly found in the waters of New Zealand, green-lipped sea mussel is known to be a rich source of omega-3 fatty acid which has many benefits for the human body. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce inflammation and swelling of the joints in the body. It supports optimum connective tissue function since it is rich in amino acids, proteins, minerals, and glycosaminoglycans (GAGs).
How Does Vitabase Super Joint Formula Work?
Vitabase Super Joint Formula works by supplying the body with nutrients that will help in the repair of damaged joints and cartilages. It also prevents the breakdown of the connective tissues in the body by inhibiting the enzymes that may damage them. Some of its ingredients also have anti-inflammatory properties which will help reduce pain, inflammation, and swelling of the joints.
Advantages of Using Vitabase Super Joint Formula
- It contains the basic building blocks for joint health and repair such as glucosamine and chondroitin.
- It contains omega-3 fatty acid which offers a lot more benefits than joint repair.
Disadvantages of Using Vitabase Super Joint Formula
- Its glucosamine is source from crustaceans which may not be suitable who have shellfish allergy.
- It contains some herbal components which can increase the risk for bleeding.
- If does not provide immediate pain relief.
- You have to take two tablets, 3x a day, which is can be a burden for some people especially to those who have difficulty swallowing.
Directions for Use
The suggested intake of Vitabase Super Joint Formula is 2 tablets per serving. Each serving is to be taken three times in day, preferably with meal to prevent gastric upset.
What Research Has Been Done?
There is no published research or clinical trial to prove the effectiveness of Vitabase Super Joint Formula.
Are There Any Side Effects?
This supplement can cause the following side effects:
- Gastric upset
- Allergic reaction
Is It Effective?
Upon looking into the detailed ingredients of this product (including those in tiny fonts), you will notice that its components are really not that different from what other joint products has to offer. It does contain the basic key building blocks for joint health but other than that, it does not have any proprietary blend that has been tested to be effective in addressing joint symptoms.
Is It Right For You?
Vitabase Super Joint Formula might work for some people however this product is not for everyone and will not be effective for everyone. This product should not be consumed by the following:
- Pregnant and nursing women
- Children and those aged 18 and below
- People taking blood thinners such as heparin, warfarin, aspirin, and the like
- People who are scheduled for surgery within 2 weeks
- People who have been diagnosed with a medical condition, taking other medications, and those undergoing medical treatment.
What Should I Expect When Taking Vitabase Super Joint Formula?
There is no immediate effect noticeable upon taking this supplement. Some people might experience nausea when taking Vitabase Super Joint Formula initially due to its green-lipped sea mussel component. Others might also experience gastric upset.
Will Vitabase Super Joint Formula Show Results?
This product has no guarantee that excellent results will be seen because its effectiveness has not been validated by any research or clinical trial
How Long Does It Take To See The Result?
The results may vary from one person to another. It might take a month or so before you start seeing results.
- Use the product as directed by the manufacturer because over dosage might cause serious adverse reactions.
- Do not combine with other medications or supplements unless otherwise specified by your physician.
- Do not take this supplement if you have known allergy to shellfish.
- If you have been diagnosed with a medical condition, consult your physician prior to taking this supplement.
If you are looking for an effective joint supplement, you might want to find a product that contains a comprehensive list of ingredients that are scientifically combined to produce optimum results. Besides the fact that Vitabase Super Joint Formula does not have any proprietary blend that has been scientifically tested to be effective, it also imposes some risks to the person who will be taking it such as allergic reaction and bleeding. Always be cautious in taking supplements. Not because they claim to effective, you will automatically believe it; make your own research on the product’s safety and effectiveness.
Top Joint Pain Relief Products
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. If you are pregnant, nursing, have a serious medical condition, or have a history of heart conditions we suggest consulting with a physician before using any supplement. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease and should not be relied upon as medical advice. Always consult your doctor before using any supplements.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."