Over 50 million people in the U.S., alone, report having joint pain of some sort. This pain may be the result of injury, but often is caused by aging.
As we age, our joints seem to lose their flexibility. This is often due to inflammation, which is the body’s natural response to a perceived injury – the body increases circulation to an area under stress, and that causes tissues to become inflamed.
There are many products on the market today that are designed to help reduce joint pain. Here, we will look at the dietary supplement SAM-e Joint.
What is SAM-e Joint?
SAM-e Joint is a dietary supplement designed to help relieve joint pain. It proposes to do so by supplying S-Adenosyl Methionine to the body, referred to as “SAM.”
SAM is said to help promote healthier connective tissues in joints, which is vital for the function of those joints. This supplement also has glucosamine in it, which is a well-known ingredient used in treating joint pain.
What is the Company Behind SAM-e Joint?
Jarrow Formulas manufactures SAM-e Joint. The company was founded in 1977 and is located in Los Angeles, California. This manufacturer produces probiotics, vitamins, herbal concentrates, eternal nutrition products, amino acids, and more.
Jarrow’s motto is “Superior Nutrition and Formulation.” They state their goal as to promote leading-edge formulas that are developed from solid scientific research. They sell their products internationally.
How Does SAM-e Joint Work?
The connective tissues often wear thin and become inflamed, which restricts movement and causes pain. By sending nourishment to these connective tissues, SAM-e Joint proposes to help repair these tissues and contribute to a restoration of movement.
The addition of glucosamine to the supplement means that some of the synovial fluid may be replaced. Synovial fluid is crucial to lubrication of joints.
The combination of SAM and glucosamine is intended to help restore full motion and flexibility in joints.
With better lubrication, the body may not respond with inflammation as it usually does. Decreased inflammation and restored lubrication may result in more flexible joints that don’t hurt.
Are the Ingredients Used in SAM-e Joint Safe?
The main ingredients in SAM-e Joint are S-Adenosyl Methionine and Glucosamine HCl. Jarrow Formulas handles the ingredients with strict controls regarding temperature and humidity, among other features, to make sure the manufacturing process does not damage the efficacy of each ingredient.
- S-Adenosyl Methionine – Has many uses. It may help relieve the symptoms of depression and fibromyalgia, but is most commonly used in the treatment of osteoarthritis. It is a chemical that is naturally-occurring in the human body. It may also help with tendinitis and bursitis.
- Glucosamine HCL – Is the chief ingredient in the cushions that surround joints. As we age, those cushions become thinner and stiffer. Glucosamine HCL may help to restore the flexibility of these cushions.
Other Ingredients are:
- Glyceryl behenate
- Oleic acid
- Titanium dioxide
- Stearic acid from a vegetable source
- Magnesium stearate from a vegetable source
- Medium chain triglycerides
- Sodium alginate
- Silicone dioxide
- Sodium citrate
What are the Pros of SAM-e Joint?
- SAM-e Joint does not have any dairy or wheat. It is also gluten-free
- This product is safe for vegans
- SAM-e Joint may help reduce swelling in joints and restore full flexibility
- It may help relieve mild sadness or depression
- The ingredients may ease symptoms of tendinitis and bursitis
What are the Cons of SAM-e Joint?
- Glucosamine HCL does not have the sulfate necessary for cartilage health. Glucosamine Sulfate is the most commonly found ingredient, rather than Glucosamine HCL. Some people think the HCL does not work as well.
- SAM-e Joint may need to be used in conjunction with sulfate to get the full effects.
- This product may not contribute to the relief of symptoms of stiff, achy joints
How Should You Use SAM-e Joint?
You should take one tablet twice a day. Do not take it with food, so wait an hour or so after eating before you take the pill.
How Much Does SAM-e Joint Cost?
On the internet, the retail price of SAM-e Joint varies from site to site. Individual vendors may offer different prices, as this product is available in stores.
What is the SAM-e Joint Return Policy?
There is no information on Jarrow Formulas’ website regarding a return policy on SAM-e Joint.
Some independent websites that sell supplements may offer refunds if you return the unused portions. Check with each vendor to see if they have a return policy.
Does SAM-e Joint Offer a Free Trial?
There is no SAM-E Joint free trial. Most vendors suggest that you purchase a one-month supply and try out the supplement. Find your favorite vendor or website and check back regularly.
That particular vendor may offer a free trial. Also, watch advertisements to see if Jarrow Formulas is offering a limited-time free trial offer.
SAM-e Joint Review– The Conclusion
The ingredients in SAM-e Joint are common ingredients in supplements used in the treatment of several ailments, including depression, liver problems, and osteoarthritis. This product may help ease the pain of stiff or swollen joints.
While SAM-e Joint is intended to help with joint pain, many of the customer reviews of the product state that it helps them with moods and headaches, as well.
It may help to rebuild cartilage in and around joints and contribute to the lubrication of those joints.
Be sure to do your own research into the ingredients of any supplement. All supplements may cause mild to severe side-effects, so check with your doctor to see if there may be drug interactions. You may check out some other supplements like Flexezy – GC, Flex Secret and Arthro Plus that may offer similar benefits to this product.