Orthogel Cold Therapy Overview
Orthogel Cold Therapy is a topical cream that is applied on the body to help relief pain that is associated with joints and sore muscles. Like many other topical analgesics that have been used to soothe pain in the joints, Orthogel Cold Therapy is formulated to offer fast relief by getting absorbed into the body almost immediately after application. The producers claim that they have invested a lot of money in research and development. This is the case despite the product costing only $26.50 from the official website. This price may change depending on the shipping cost associated with the address you provide.
What is Orthogel Cold Therapy and what is the company behind Orthogel Cold Therapy?
Orthogel Cold Therapy is a topical analgesic that has been formulated to offer instant relief to joint aches. According to the manufacturers, Orthogel Cold Therapy is quickly absorbed from the point of application and immediately deployed to help in relieving pain that is associated with sore muscles, joint related complications such as swelling and inflammation and in cases where the patient is recovering from joint injuries and surgery. The product can be bought readily over the counter since a prescription is not required to purchase it. The product is the brainchild of Orthogel. This is a company that has been known for producing ingredients that support joint health and eliminating pain in the joints. The product is produced in the United States under the strict federal laws.
What are the Ingredients used in Orthogel Cold Therapy?
- Ilex (holly leaf) – Holly leaf extract has been used for hundreds of years to treat several conditions including coughs, water retention, digestive disorders, and jaundice. Recently, it has been used to treat fevers and joint related complications such as swelling and dry joints.
- Boswellia Serrata – it stops the production of the enzyme called lysyl oxidase a notorious enzyme responsible for oxidation. On top of this, it controls the production of proteins that are responsible of causing inflammation and destroying joint tissues.
- Arnica – Arnica is a plant whose flowers are used for medicinal purposes. In modern supplement industry, arnica is used to help alleviate pain that is caused by bruises, sprains, muscle aches and joint pain that is cause by inflammation, swelling or broken bones. Homeopathic preparations have also been used to soothe sprains and sore muscles.
- MSM (Methylsulphonylmethane)- This is our body’s source of natural Sulphur. Sulphur is important in our bodies since it strengthen connective tissue. It also plays an important role in strengthening nails, hair etc.
- Glucosamine – this is an ingredient that has been used orally to help in the regeneration of worn out tissue and cartilage. Modern research shows that it can help in the same when used topically.
What are the Advantages of using Orthogel Cold Therapy?
- It has been formulated using natural ingredients that are well researched and tested in providing pain relief
- The product is available in a fast absorbing cream form meaning it has a fast turnaround
- There are no side effects associated with Orthogel Cold Therapy.
What are the Disadvantages of Orthogel Cold Therapy?
- The producers have not listed the results from the clinical trials conducted
- The official website doesn’t list all the ingredients used in Orthogel Cold Therapy
- There is no moneyback guarantee from the official website.
How do you use Orthogel Cold Therapy?
To apply Orthogel Cold Therapy, clean the area of application carefully with warm water and dry with a clean cloth. Scoop some Orthogel Cold Therapy and massage the area carefully for about two minutes. Allow 15 minutes for the cream to be absorbed before wiping off if need be. The producers warn that Orthogel Cold Therapy should not be applied on worn out and broken skin since it may cause irritation and discomfort.
Are there any Possible Side Effects associated with Orthogel Cold Therapy?
There are no side effects that have been reported. All the same, people who are allergic to the ingredients used are advised to avoid using this product as the allergic effects may cause undesirable feelings. Do NOT use this product on broken skin as it causes severe irritation and my hinder the healing process of the broken skin.
Orthogel Cold Therapy has been taunted to relieve the burning pain we experience on the joints and muscles after work outs or when living with arthritis. The product uses natural ingredients which is a big boost to its effectiveness and safety. All the same, we feel that the producers would have done more to make the product more consumer friendly like some of the topical creams we have reviewed earlier.