Actodin: Eggshell for Joint Pain?
Have you ever imagined that eggshells will help reduce your constant joint pain, stiffness, and inflammation? Actodin is a dietary supplement that uses eggshell membrane as its primary ingredient in addressing joint related symptoms.
What Is Actodin?
Actodin is a supplement that supports optimum joint health through the use of Natural Eggshell Membrane (NEM®) and other herbal ingredients that is known to treat joint symptoms. According to the manufacturer, this product is an all-natural dietary supplement that contains only premium ingredients to ensure excellent benefits for its consumers. Its ingredients aid the body in the repair process of damaged joints while maintaining the healthy stature of other connective tissues in the body. It provides the following benefits:
- It reduces joint pain and discomfort.
- It reduces joint inflammation and swelling.
- It enhances production of synovial fluid in the body.
- It reduces joint stiffness.
- It improves joint flexibility and mobility.
- It aids in the repair process of damaged joints and cartilages.
Manufacturer of Actodin
Actodin is manufactured by a nutraceutical company called Nutricell Health Inc.
List of Ingredients
The ingredients of Actodin are the following:
- Natural Eggshell Membrane (NEM®) – This primary ingredient is sourced from natural eggshell membranes and contains the following:
- Hyaluronic Acid – It is a naturally occurring compound in the body that is commonly found in the extracellular matrix of connective tissues. It enhances the production of synovial fluid which acts as lubrication between joints to reduce stiffness and allow easier movement. The synovial fluid also serves as a cushion to prevent frictional damage between the joints during each movement.
- Glucosamine – It is a naturally occurring substance in the body that is commonly found in the connective tissues. It is a key building block for repair of damaged joints and cartilages. It is also essential in maintaining the healthy stature of joints in the body.
- Chondroitin – This ingredient on the other hand is mostly found in the cartilages. It prevents the breakdown of cartilages by protecting them against damaging enzymes in the body. Chondroitin is mostly used together with glucosamine to reduce joint pain, inflammation, and discomfort.
- Collagen – This ingredient is naturally present in the body especially in the connective tissues like joints and cartilages. It helps maintain flexibility of the tissues and it is also essential in the repair process of the damaged joints.
- Amino Acids – It is considered the building blocks of protein which is necessary for many bodily functions especially during the repair of damaged tissues like the joints and cartilages.
- Other ingredients include Boswellia, Turmeric, White Willow Bark, Fiend’s Claw, and Yucca Root.
How Does Actodin Work?
Joint pain, inflammation, and other related symptoms mostly happen because of damage to the joints. Actodin works primarily by supplying the body with the essential nutrients that is needed during the repair process of the damaged joints and cartilages. It has the key building blocks for joint repair and is complimented by other ingredients to further enhance the process. It also contains herbal components which are believed to reduce joint pain and inflammation in a natural way.
Advantages of using Actodin
- It is an all-natural product.
- The product comes with a money back guarantee.
Disadvantages of Using Actodin
- It contains glucosamine which is sourced from crustaceans thus the product might not be safe for people with shellfish allergy.
- Its primary ingredient is derived from eggshell thus the product might not be safe for people with allergy to egg and egg products.
Directions for Use
The manufacturer recommends taking one pill a day which can be increased up to three times daily if needed. However, one can initially take three pills and reduce it when symptoms are improving.
What Research Has Been Done?
There were no published researches or clinical trials to prove the product’s efficacy and safety.
Are There Any Side Effects?
Actodin can cause the following side effects:
- Gastric upset
- Allergic reaction
Is It Effective?
Some consumers found relief in using this product however there are no documented studies to prove the effectivity of Actodin in treating joint symptoms such as pain, inflammation, and stiffness.
Is It Right For You?
This product is not right for you if:
- You have allergy to shellfish and shellfish products.
- You have allergy to eggs and egg products.
- You are currently taking blood thinners such as Warfarin, Heparin, Aspirin, and the like.
- You are pregnant or providing breastfeeds.
- You have been diagnosed with a medical condition.
- You are below 18 years of age.
- You are currently taking other medications or supplements.
- You are currently undergoing any form of medical treatment.
What Should I Expect When Taking Actodin?
According to Nutricell, taking Actodin will improve your stamina in performing your daily activities. Actodin will also improve joint flexibility, reduce joint pain, and enhance mobilization. However these results were not verified scientifically through clinical trials.
Will Actodin Show Results?
The results of Actodin will vary from one person to another. While others benefit from taking this supplement, other people might not find any relief at all. The results depend on the severity of symptoms and how well the body responds to the supplement.
How Long Does It Take To See The Result?
Since it is an oral supplement and it takes time for the body to get used to the enhanced nutrient supply, it might take a few weeks or months before results can be noticed.
- Consult your physician prior to taking this supplement especially if you have been diagnosed with a medical condition
- Avoid taking this supplement if you have allergy to shellfish and/or eggs.
- This product might increase your risk for bleeding thus the product is best avoided if you are taking blood thinners and at least 2 weeks before a scheduled surgery.
If you are considering in taking this supplement then you might want to think harder. Although Actodin contains the basic ingredients in order to support joint repair and health, there is still no hard proof evidence that the product is effective or is even safe for consumption. It also contains herbal components that can cause serious adverse reactions especially when not processed properly. When it comes to your own health, you should only go for the safe and effective products.
Top Joint Pain Relief Products
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. If you are pregnant, nursing, have a serious medical condition, or have a history of heart conditions we suggest consulting with a physician before using any supplement. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease and should not be relied upon as medical advice. Always consult your doctor before using any supplements.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."