What Is Humira (Adalimumab)?
Humira is an antibody that is injected into our bodies through a surface injection. Humira is believed to prevent the harmful inflammatory conditions caused by the tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF alpha) in various arthritic conditions and Crohn’s disease of the intestine.
When our body is injured, it produces inflammation in response to the injury making it possible to repair the ruptured tissues. The body responds to the inflammation, by producing TNF.
- Name:Humira (Adalimumab)
- Ingredients:Adalimumab, Sodium chloride, Acid monohydrate, etc.
- Volume:1 ml
- Serving Size:40 mg
Who Is The Manufacturer Of Humira (Adalimumab)?
Humira was produced in 1993 through a scientific corroboration between Bioresearch Corporation and Cambridge Antibody Technology. After the prototypes, the mass production and product marketing was handed to Abbott Laboratories, after it bought the pharmaceutical wing of Bioresearch Corporation in January 2013.
Abbott Laboratories was to later split into two different companies; AbbVie and Abbott. AbbVie took over from BASF for the future manufacture, development, and marketing of Humira.
How Does Humira (Adalimumab) Work?
Humira works the same as natural antibodies secreted by the immune system. It specifically isolates and bonds to the harmful TNF alpha. TNF increases the inflammation and the signs resulting from the inflammation; fever, tenderness, pain, and swelling of the joints (arthritis) and fever, abdominal pain, and diarrhea in Crohn’s disease. Inflammation in our joints leads to weak joints worsening the cases of rheumatoid arthritis.
Humira (Adalimumab) Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
– Adalimumab is an approved medication for the treatment of joint pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis. Several studies have been conducted to evaluate the efficacy and safety of adalimumab for this purpose.
– There have been several studies examining the effects of sodium chloride injection on joint pain relief. One study mentioned in the U.S. Library of Medicine, conducted in 2019, found that the injection of sodium chloride into the knee every 12 weeks led to an improvement in knee pain severity in patients with osteoarthritis.
Monobasic sodium phosphate dehydrate
– Studies have shown that monobasic sodium phosphate dihydrate may be effective in reducing joint pain. It works by reducing inflammation, which can help decrease pain and swelling.
Other Ingredients Include – Dibasic sodium phosphate dehydrates, Sodium citrate, Acid monohydrate, Mannitol, and Polysorbate.
Pros and Cons Of Humira (Adalimumab)
- Humira (Adalimumab) is injected on the surface of the body thus hastening its absorption into the body.
- Humira (Adalimumab) has a quick turnaround (one day up to 2 months) as compared to the competition.
- Clinical trials have been conducted.
- Humira (Adalimumab) is available on prescription only
- You require a skilled person or training to administer Humira (Adalimumab)
- Costs approximately $1,662 per month
- Humira (Adalimumab) side effects some that are fatal
Humira (Adalimumab) – FAQ’s
Q.What To Use Humira (Adalimumab)?
A. Humira is available only on prescription and is administered through a subcutaneous injection once a week or once a fortnight depending on the disease.
Q.What Happens If You Overdose Humira (Adalimumab)?
A. You should NEVER overdose and if it happens accidentally, consult your caregiver immediately.
Q. What Is The Cost of Humira (Adalimumab)?
A. Humira (Adalimumab) costs approximately $1,662 per month!
Q.Does Humira (Adalimumab) Interact With Other Medications?
A. If you are under medication, you should inform your caregiver prior to taking Humira. It may affect other medications including herbal medicines, over-the-counter-drugs, and supplements. Humira may interact with;
- Abatacept and
Q.Is Humira (Adalimumab) A Genuine Product Or A Scam?
A. Humira is a well-researched prescription product. However, it has numerous side effects and the different clinical studies differ when it comes to turnaround time. Unless this is your last option and only in severe conditions, Humira might not be the right product for you. Nevertheless, it is a prescription-only substance and thus you should consult your caregiver.
Q.What Should One Expect When Taking Humira (Adalimumab)?
A. Humira has quite a decent turnaround, but it comes at a painful cost and risk. As much as you will expect positive results, you should also brace yourself for the side effects which range from mild to severe.
Q.How Effective Is Humira (Adalimumab)?
A. As explained earlier, clinical studies have shown Humira to be effective in a strictly controlled environment which might not be practical outside the scope of scientific research. The majority of consumers using Humira complained of severe side effects amidst the healing effects. In fact, most of the consumers have resulted from withdrawing usage and seeking alternative medications.
How We Researched & Rated
Here is our score, based on scientific evidence, of how likely Humira (Adalimumab) will be effective for its claimed benefits:
- Slows The Joint Damage.*3.5/5
- Helps Crohn’s Disease*3.6/5
- Supports Psoriatic Arthritis*3.6/5
- Treats Rheumatoid Arthritis*3.5/5
We used the insights from our research and testing to assign a star rating from one to five (five being the best; one being the worst) to this product.
Customer Reviews – Humira (Adalimumab)
- My Father started Humira (Adalimumab) and within 7 months was diagnosed with Lymphoma (cancer). He had an abdominal CT prior to starting Humira and there was no growth or mass. A CT scan was done 7 months after starting Humira (Adalimumab) and he had a massive abdominal growth and was diagnosed with Large B Cell diffuse Lymphoma. His rheumatologist and Oncologist both said to stop the Humira immediately and his Lymphoma was caused by Humira. He is currently in Hospice. Please be advised that Humira absolutely does cause Lymphoma in many people and is a dangerous medication. ~ Margot.S
Humira (Adalimumab) – Conclusion
As much as Humira is effective to treat joint conditions, it is very expensive and has very many risks. It should only be used when all other natural supplements have failed! Humira (adalimumab) is an effective option for a wide range of conditions, including rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, adult Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, plaque psoriasis, pediatric Crohn’s disease, pediatric ulcerative colitis, and juvenile idiopathic arthritis. It is generally well-tolerated, with the most common side effects being injection site reactions, upper respiratory tract infections, and headaches.