Finger joint pain usually occurs at the joints of the fingers. This can cause swelling inflammation and pain in the finger. It can also cause limited movement of the finger joints.
Finger joint pain can be caused by various factors such as arthritis or injuries from falls. Finger joint pain can be treated using pain killers and other forms of medication. The medication to treat the finger joint pain can be expensive and sometimes it is advisable to use home remedies for finger joint pain. These medications include:
- Ice and Heat Therapy
Ice treatment or cold therapy can be helpful in relieving the finger joint pain. The ice usually reduces the irritation and soreness. You can put ice in a wrapper then place it on the affected area. You should avoid putting the ice directly to the affected area as this may cause ice burns. Heat therapy also helps in relieving joint pain. Alternating between hot and ice can be more helpful. You can do this by applying cold ice for about ten minutes then to hot therapy for another 10 minutes. You can do this three times a day so as to get relieved.
- Honey and Cinnamon
Honey and cinnamon have healing properties which can be helpful in treating finger joint pain. Honey has antiseptic qualities and cinnamon has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties which can help in reducing inflammation and pain causing a relief. The mixture can help in relaxing stiff muscles.You can prepare this mixture at home by mixing a tablespoon of honey and a half teaspoon of cinnamon powder then take the mixture every morning for several weeks until you get a relief.
- Garlic. Garlic is one of the best remedies for treating joint pain. It has anti-inflammatory properties that are helpful in reducing inflammation and pain. Garlic also contains selenium that has anti-rheumatic effects. You can eat raw or cooked garlic. You can alternatively fry two garlic cloves with two tablespoon of mustard seed then apply the oil to the affected joint after it has cooled down to avoid burns. Gently massage the affected area twice daily you can do this daily until when you notice improvement.
- Potato. Potatoes is another form of home remedy that is helpful in treating joint pain
- Hand exercise. Hand exercise can be helpful in reducing the stiffness of the joints and also improving the flow of blood to the joints. Be cautious when doing a hand massage as it can result to more pain if it is not done the right way. It is also advisable that you should stop massaging the hand if the message is causing more pain.
- Paraffin bath. Paraffin can help in relieving pain in the joints. You can put a little paraffin in the affected area for some minutes or you can also put a little paraffin in the bath tub and soak for about 15 minutes.
- Warm compresses. Warm compresses can help in improving the inflammation, pain and stiffness of the joints. You can apply warm compresses to the affected area for about 10 to 20 minutes. You can do this three times a day so as to get relieved.
- Lifestyle changes. Lifestyle is a great contributor to joint pain. High intake of beer can cause gouty arthritis which usually causes inflammation, pain and stiffness in the finger joints. Avoid taking more than two glasses of alcohol. Alcoholism can also cause falls which can cause finger joint pain.
- Maintain a moderate temperature in your office. Moderate temperature can be helpful in relaxing the whole body generally. When the body is relaxed it is able to function properly and this can also help in the process of healing the finger joints.
- Take joint supplements. Joint supplements that contain glucosamine and chondroitin can be helpful in treating joint pain. Glucosamine help in relieving you from the pain. Chondroitin on the other hand helps in slowing down the arthritis progression. Fish oil can also be used in treating joint pain as it has anti-inflammatory properties.
If you are not sure what to do when administering these home remedies it is advisable to consult your physician for advice.
Top Joint Pain Relief Products
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. If you are pregnant, nursing, have a serious medical condition, or have a history of heart conditions we suggest consulting with a physician before using any supplement. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease and should not be relied upon as medical advice. Always consult your doctor before using any supplements.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."