As you grow old, you are more expected to take good care of your body. There are plenty of physical obstacles and hindrances that could affect your way of living. These are normal occurrences of life. One of the many hurdles of existence is joint pain. It may only hit some parts of your body but its effect is huge it can definitely be very disturbing.
No matter how small the location of the joint, whether it’s just in your index finger, it will still give you a hell experience with all those excruciating pains. Now, while some men are waiting to get injured or be affected by a disease, it’s always better to know and understand how you can prevent these occurrences from happening.
Finger joint pain is one serious muscoskeletal condition. It can be characterized by aching, throbbing, tingling, soreness, stiffness, and increased warmth. You will experience paresthesias, a prickling feeling in a finger. The sensation is due to the damages and pressures over thenerves that send the sensation messages.
In order to prevent this ill-condition, first, you have to know and understand the symptoms of finger joint pain. In this way, you’ll be warned about the condition.
Signs and Symptoms of Finger Joint Pain
In order to avoid other complications, it’s important that you know what it looks like to have finger joint pain. First of all, the various symptoms will show depending on the cause of the pain. Among its common causes are injured-related, infection, inflammation, degeneration, nerve-related, or neurological.
Now, here are some common symptoms of finger joint pain:
- Arm pain
- Wrist pain
- Pus or drainage
- Fingernail problems
- Flu-like symptoms such as sore throat, fatigue, fever, cough, aches, pains and headache
- Lumps round the finger
- Reduced joint movement
- Diminished grip strength
There are more serious symptoms of finger joint pain, though. The following causes might show a life-threatening condition:
- High fever (when it’s more than 100 ºF)
- Fail to move the arm, finger or finger
- Red and warm skin
- Partial or total amputation
- Severe pain
- Visible deformity
- Uncontrollable bleeding
Natural Remedies for Finger Joint Pain
Now, few of the best treatments for this muscoskeletal condition is natural remedies.
Here are some of the remedies which you can do at home:
- You can bathe your hands in warm water with salt for 15 minutes. This can relieve you from the pains and stiffness you feel in your fingers. Salt has a substance that can absorb the pain from the body.
- We are so accustomed of cracking our fingers. But do you know that this constant habit will damage your cartilage in your knuckles? When you have symptoms of this ill-condition, you should prevent yourself from doing this habit.
- You can apply hot or cold compresses over your finger joints.
- Aloe Vera has a substance that can soothe the pain. You can apply one over your fingers.
- Avoid from eating eggs, meat, and processed foods when you are in acute pain.
- You can massage your hands. Just remember to make it right-you don’t want to make it worse.