Managing back pain can be difficult, and learning more about the treatments for pain caused by issues with the facet joints may help.
Back pain affects tens of millions of Americans every year. It’s something that may strike with or without warning and ranges in severity from quite mild to incredibly severe. Learning what type of back pain is affecting you is the first step towards treatment and it’s important that you don’t simply assume that you’re suffering from a herniated disc or some other issue. In many cases, back trouble is often caused by something known as facet joint pain.
This type of pain is triggered by issues with the facet joints within the spine. It’s usually characterized by things like intense pain that occurs sporadically, by the sensation of one’s back ‘locking up’ and placing them in a position that they can’t move out of for several moments, and by pain that radiates down the buttocks and upper legs or up into the shoulder blades. A doctor will need to make the final diagnosis of course, but in most cases it takes little time to determine what is happening and then learn more about how to overcome it.
Several Facet Joint Pain Treatments.
- In many cases, rest is enough to overcome the issue. One to two days of taking it easy is often enough to overcome the issue. Be sure not to lie on your back for long periods of time. After a day or two of rest it’s important to get up and get active again.
- Cold or hot compresses are important parts of the process as well. Which one to use will depend upon what provides you with relief. Try each and use the one that works the best for about fifteen minutes every two to three hours to help reduce the swelling that causes the pain.
- A physician will usually provide some basic instructions on how to exercise properly. These exercises will help strengthen back and core muscles and provide you with better posture to prevent the pain.
- Massage has been shown to provide relief for the muscle spasms and the pain this type of back issue may cause.
- Acupuncture has been studied at length as well and shows several signs of providing real relief to those who need it.
If you’re experiencing back pain, remember that you do have options for treatment. The right methods could deliver very real relief from facet joint pain.
Top Joint Pain Relief Products
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. If you are pregnant, nursing, have a serious medical condition, or have a history of heart conditions we suggest consulting with a physician before using any supplement. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease and should not be relied upon as medical advice. Always consult your doctor before using any supplements.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."