What Is Progesic?
Progesic is marketed as a joint and muscle pain reliever. It contains two all-natural ingredients that have been “subjected to intensive scientific research and clinical studies.”
Manufacturer of Progesic
According to the official website, the ingredients making Progesic are sourced and mixed in the United States by a company known as Choice Nutrients. Doing a background check on Choice Nutrients reveals it is a one-stop shop for supplements and vitamins that promise to develop and promote general wellbeing. According to Choice Nutrients, they have had over 35,000 professional clients in their 50 years of existence.
List of Ingredients
Progesic doesn’t contain your day to day joint care ingredients. The two main ingredients in Progesic are;
- Natural Eggshell Membrane (NEM®). It is believed that egg shell is made of the same ingredients as our joints. Egg shell membrane is the transparent film found on the inside of an egg. Scientific research suggests that the membrane contains substances that rebuilds and creates damaged and new cartilage and connective tissue respectively. The thin transparent film is believed to contain Chondroitin, Collagen, traces of Glucosamine, Hyaluronic acid and other joint care proteins. Although Choice Nutrients claim NEM delivers a quick pain relief, there is not enough scientific evidence and research to support this idea.
- UC-II®. Un-denatured Collagen II was isolated by a researcher who was allegedly trying to cure his arthritic child. UC-II is taunted as the only available form of un-denatured natural collagen available as a biological supplement. UC-II works in such a way to stop collagen particular killer T-Cells. These sells are among the most notorious inflammation agents and cause of joint pain. It is a wide believe in the medical circles that UC-II can effectively stop inflammation better than chondroitin and Glucosamine.
How Does Progesic Work?
According to independent research on the ingredients, not the product, the proprietary blend of UC-II and NEM targets inflammation causing agents in our joints. The UC-II deactivates T-cells and thus slowing down the destructive cycle and inflammation.
By tackling inflammation, you tackle the root cause of joint pain and give our bodies an opportunity to start repairing and rebuilding damaged cartilage and connective tissue.
- Manufactured from natural ingredients
- Offers a money-back guarantee (read the terms and conditions first)
- Suitable for people with Shell-fish allergy
- Contains egg extracts
- Relatively expensive in comparison to competition
- Doesn’t offer instant relief as claimed
Directions for Use
The producers recommend that you take one capsule daily either in the morning or in the evening. Unless your caregiver advises you otherwise then your bottle should last you one month.
The Cost of Progesic
Choice Nutrients has used great salesmanship on this product. They have marketed and pushed it to the top of search results. The price of the product however is anything but cheap. For a one month supply of the product, you will have to part away with $65 plus the cost of shipping and handling.
For long-term usage, you will need to order several bottles at a cost of $44 a bottle plus the cost of shipping and handling. It is high recommended that you try the one month supply first. Since they claim the turnaround time is three weeks, you can first try and if it shows results, then you can commit your money.
What Research has been done?
Choice Nutrients allege that the ingredients in use in Progesic have been proven to be effective by several clinical studies. While this is true, the choice of words used in the official website is misleading. The individual nutrients have been part of a several clinical studies and scientific research but the same is not true for Progesic as a product.
Are There Any Side Effects?
The product contains NEM which has adverse side effect for people who are allergic to certain proteins found in eggs. The side effects that have been reported by users of this supplement include; nausea, diarrhoea, fever, vomiting and headaches. In case of severe effects, halt usage immediately.
Is Progesic Effective?
Progesic claims to offer an instant relief to joint pain but has a minimum turnaround time of three weeks! That’s the first marker that the product is hyped for marketing purposes. Well the product contains two proven ingredients but is they enough to provide relief to joint aches? No. it lacks pain killing agents and lubricating agents. The amount of HA in NEM is too low to be of any health benefit.
Is Progesic Right For You?
This product is good for people who don’t mind waiting to get results. If you are looking for a fast and cost effective way of dealing with joint pains, then this product is definitely not for you.
What Should I Expect When Taking Progesic?
The official website says users should expect pain relief and improved joints within the first ten days. But from a close analysis and consumer feedback and interviews we advise you not to expect much from this product.
Will Progesic Show Results?
As much as it might show results, you should not expect much from it. The ingredients in it have nothing much to offer.
How Long Does It Take To See The Result?
Don’t expect to get any results in less than three weeks. These are not our words but the manufacturers. The official website contradicts itself with one page claiming the product works in ten days and another page saying it works in three weeks. So to be on the safe side, we will settle for three weeks. It is the most practical and realistic one.
- Not to be used by people under the age of 18
- Don not take if you are pregnant or breast feeding unless in consultation with a caregiver
- Avoid it if you are allergic to eggs
Pain is our greatest motivator. When you are suffering in pain, you will take bold steps to get rid of it. This may involve browsing the internet for the quickest remedy to your pain. This is exactly what Choice nutrients is banking on; desperate customers who will go to great lengths. The company markets this product like some sort of magic healer but scientifically speaking, this product is not any place near to healing, leave alone miracle healing. You should expect much from this product because you might end up disappointed.
Top Joint Pain Relief Products
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. If you are pregnant, nursing, have a serious medical condition, or have a history of heart conditions we suggest consulting with a physician before using any supplement. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease and should not be relied upon as medical advice. Always consult your doctor before using any supplements.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."